The National Association for the Education of Young Children administers the largest and most comprehensive accreditation system in the country for early childhood programs and child care centers. Accreditation from the NAEYC assures the highest level of quality.
In an NAEYC-accredited program you will see these 10 program standards:
- warm, sensitive, and positive relationships to help children feel secure
- a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development - cognitive, emotional, language, physical and social
- appropriate and effective teaching approaches that enhance each child's learning and development
- a variety of assessments that help teachers plan appropriate curriculum and experiences for each child's strengths and needs
- a healthy and safe environment that supports the healthy development of children
- a teaching staff with the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children's learning and development.
- collaborative relationships with families based on mutual trust and respect
- connections with the community and its resources
- appropriate and well-maintained indoor and outdoor physical environments, including facilities and equipment to facilitate learning and development
- stable staff and strong program management that help all children, families, and staff have high-quality experiences
Early childhood programs that are accredited by the NAEYC Academy for Early Childhood Program Accreditation have voluntarily undergone a comprehensive process of internal self-study and improvement. Each NAEYC-accredited program must meet all 10 of the NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards. NAEYC Accreditation is valid for five years. During that period All Kids First makes annual reports documenting that they maintained compliance with the program standards. We also have regular, unannounced visits by NAEYC assessors.
For more information about the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and the NAEYC Accreditation program, visit their web site at www.naeyc.org.
Planned and spontaneous activities.
Individual and/or small group oriented.
Children are encouraged to pursue their own interests and make choices.
Fully certified teaching staff in a classroom based environment.
Find Out More
Indoor and outdoor playgrounds for year round physical activity programs.
2000 square feet of indoor space for play activities and social development.
Classrooms explore the outdoors via our train, exposing them to nature and our environment.
Find Out More